SCR Towing

Working hard to be your first choice

Police Impound

In the unfortunate event that your vehicle has been impounded or towed by a police department,

the following is a general guideline of the necessary paperwork you will need in order to claim your vehicle.

Instructions to Recover your Impounded Vehicle

1. Come to our office during office hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
(you may pick up property or your vehicle after office hours, but an after hours fee will be charged on holidays and after normal business hours)

2. Bring the following paperwork with you:
    ● Proof of Ownership (current registration, title with your name printed on front)
    ● Photo Identification (valid US Drivers license, state ID, military ID, or passport)
    ● A police department release if your vehicle is on hold.
    ● Provide payment in full (Cash, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. No personal checks will be accepted)

Instructions to Retrieve Property From your Vehicle

     We will only release property from a vehicle to the legal registered owner. There are no exceptions to this rule. You must be able to show valid identification and proof of current registration in your name to claim any property.  If the vehicle is on a police department hold, you must obtain a “property release” form from the arresting police department.

Please note that nothing attached to the vehicle by any means will be released.

Items that may be released:

Legal papers
Purse / wallet
Perishable Items

Items that will NOT be released:

Stereos (including speaker boxes & amps)
Battery or other engine parts
Wheels and/or Tires

* All other property will remain under the same hold as the vehicle until full payment is made.

(625 ILCS 5/4-203)

     No contents of a vehicle may be released until the tow bill is paid, with the exception of: Food, medicine, perishable property, operator's licenses, cash, credit cards, checks or checkbooks, wallet, purse, or other property containing any operator's license or other identifying documents or materials.
A vehicle stored in our impound lot will only be released to the legal and/or registered owner. The exception to this rule would be when the legal and/or registered owner’s actual presence is unlikely due to a limited list of reasons that may, or may not, be limited to:

  1. hospitalization due to injury or illness

  2. located in another city, state, or county of considerable traveling distance from the location of our main office

  3. imprisoned in a local jail, state or federal detention center

     In the event that one of the above three scenarios exist, a "Vehicle Release Consent Form" will be required to be completed and notarized by a legally commissioned notary public. Said form may be obtained by clicking on the link above and faxing to our office at (630) 844-9010.  In a case where the legal and/or registered owner has been judges to be mentally incompetent by a signed court order, a copy of said court order accompanied by a valid and/or legal power of attorney instrument will be required for presentation at the time of the vehicle’s release. In a case where the legal and/or registered owner is deceased, then a valid/legal death certificate will be required for presentation at the time of vehicle’s release, in addition to documents providing proof that the person the vehicle is being released to is the “excecutor” of the estate of the legal and/or registered owner of the vehicle being released, or any legal and binding document(s) that can establish that the person claiming such a vehicle has a legal right to take possession of same.If you are the responsible party of the vehicle, it is in your best interest to redeem the vehicle as soon as possible or make other arrangements. This will eliminate any further liability to you. If you fail to redeem your vehicle, it will be considered abandoned according to the Illinois Vehicle Code.


It is our policy to pursue all means necessary to resolve your legal obligation. We have the right to take you, and all parties listed by the secretary of state to have an interest in the vehicle, to small claims court. We also have the right to refer this matter to a collection agency for the balance owed. We will report any unpaid debt to credit reporting agencies.